Flourishing is the ideal state of well-being, well-living, and thriving. It is synonymous with:
If flourishing is primary goal of life, then humanity ought to define it, measure it, and foster it. And if good decision making is the key to living well, then humanity ought to define, measure, and foster that as well. This can be achieved through the following steps:
- Create a framework for measuring the fulfillment of needs and flourishing
- Outline ideals for humans
Define a process for decision making and goal setting based on the priorities of flourishing
- Create a framework for priorities, decisions, and goals
- Outline ideals for humanity overall
The overall goal of this project is to help humanity define and improve its decision-making and goal-setting process by defining and outlining its priorities.
Needs outline that which is necessary for a human to:
- be physically and mentally healthy
- have optimal physiological and psychological functioning
Furthermore, needs are defined by their effects of neglect and fulfillment.
- The neglect of a need for over 50 years would cause significant detrimental effects on a person's physical and mental health and physiological and psychological functioning.
- The fulfillment of a need for over 50 years would cause significant positive effects on a person's physical and mental health and physiological and psychological functioning.
Physiological needs outline that which is necessary for optimal physiological functioning of biological systems.
Psychological needs outline that which is necessary for optimal psychological functioning of the brain.
Fundamentals of flourishing outline that which is significantly beneficial to the flourishing of a person.
Altogether these essential aspects of flourishing create an outline of ideals for every human.