This page is incomplete in several sections. It is being worked on and given the time and attention it needs. If you'd like to help write any sections, please volunteer.
- To contribute
- To give to someone or something significant and meaningful
- To help something or someone
- To have an impact
- To make a difference
Contribution has notable effects on one's brain in relation to flourishing.
(This section is incomplete and requires an Effects table for a full breakdown of the effects of this fundamental of flourishing. If you'd like to help out, please volunteer.)
Subjective measures include the following self-assessment questions:
- Overall, I have been contributing to something I care about.
- I have been giving time and effort to someone or something significant to me.
- I have been helping something or someone meaningful to me.
- I have been having an impact on something.
- I have been making a difference.
- I feel as though my time and efforts are contributing to something worthwhile.
- I have been proud of my contributions.
- I have been helping something advance, develop, and progress.
Try to measure your contribution weekly or at least monthly.
// Use the Fostering Flourishing tool (not made yet)
Ideally every human should
- Contribute to something significant and meaningful outside of one's self
- Give help to something bigger than one's self
- Have an impact and make a difference
- Understand personal potential for contribution
- Track contribution weekly and/or monthly
- Set weekly and/or monthly goals based on personal potential
(This section is incomplete and requires resources. If you'd like to help out, please volunteer.)